Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm Taking It Personally!

Readers, I'm sure you've had the same experience I have had in the last 24 hours at some time in your life. While reading the OCRegister one morning (a fabulous paper that I once worked for), I noticed a competition-a Cutest Baby Contest. Now I have to tell you that I have never entered any contest before and I really didn't do it because I think my baby is the cutest in the whole world but I thought it would be fun to give it a whirl. I should have known better...

I posted the picture of Lynnea last night and we, of course, voted highly on how cute our child was. Then, this morning, it happened...more votes. I would welcome good votes. Yes, I would be happy if people thought my child looked decent and not like a child from another planet but the results shocked me...SHOCKED me! For a total of 3 votes (ours included) my innocent, beautiful little girl had a 4!! If you're good at averages, you know which numbers, averaged with 10, make a 4. Breathe deeply, Riva. Think positively. Maybe people thought a 1 was the best they could do? Maybe no one read the word "lowest" by the #1. I'm beginning to have second thoughts about entering a contest at all. I think it will be my last. There are thousands of babies entered and some of them have upwards of 13,000 votes but here is where I'll plead with you. I know Lynnea won't win. I know she doesn't even have a fighting chance against 13,000 votes but could those of you reading please put in a good word for her. Vote. You don't have to give her a 10 or even an 8 but please bring her out of the "you shouldn't have even entered your unattractive child" category? She doesn't deserve to be a 4, NO child does.

I want to thank you in advance for helping me with my self-esteem. Oh, and hurry! I entered it really late and all voting ends tomorrow. I will promise you that I'll never do something like this to myself again...

http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?PageType=APPROVED&ContestID=1838&SubmissionID=54281&IncrementNumber=1

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

How ruuuuuuuuuude. I voted - the average looks better now (as it should for such a CUTE baby).

Murray said...

I not only voted (a 10 of course), I went through and took a look at some of the other pictures. Man, there are some really unattractive babies in this world. And, they all seemed to have very high ratings. I guess you could say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It has to be. Lynnea was way cuter than those other babies. I think the other people just have a lot of family that they coaxed into voting. You can also vote over and over again, so maybe they did that, too. All that to say, Lynnea is a doll, don't let any poll tell you otherwise!