I know! Two posts in one day-can it be? This week has been pretty busy for me and my 3 but it's nice to have a busy week every once in a while. Today, one of my nieces graduated from Jr. High. I think I remember a few days of jr. high. I feel like it was a loooong time ago...wow, I'm already in my 30's which means it
was a long time ago. *whew* I didn't go to the ceremony but the family met for Dim Sum afterward. Sitting through a 2 hour ceremony with my kids would be the equivalent of...hmmmm, I can think of a lot of unpleasant things but nothing
that bad is coming to mind at this moment. Anyway, here are some pictures of Lynnea with Mama and Yeye (the other 2 were too social for photos today).


These next photos are for my Uncle Dannie but I wanted everyone else who reads this blog to be a part of it as well. My Aunt Lynette was an accomplished jewelry maker, beader, and cross-stitcher. She loved the art of Cross Stitch, as do I. It is kind of a lost art since a lot of people mistakenly think it looks "grandma-ish" and isn't up to today's "style." I couldn't disagree more. My Aunt loved finding beautiful projects to begin and this Lady in Blue was one of them. She had several projects in the works when she passed away in February of last year. As we were dividing up her overwhelming wealth of beads and stitcheries, I came across this one...finished except for the beading that she never got to complete. Immediately I asked if I could have it, and finish it. And here it is...

Fittingly, on the last trip North to see my cousin and my Papa, I finished it. Here is a close-up. I don't know exactly what I will do with it at the moment but I know that it will be cherished. I wish my Aunt Lynette could see it finished....and know how much I miss her....I think she does...
3 comments:
that is amazing, riva... it really is! What love you have for your family... you are a treasured one!
Riva, the cross stitch is so beautiful! So much detail...
I actually just took up cross stitch after avoiding it for years, because I don't usually like the designs. I like the creating part, but I wouldn't know what to do with the finished product. But I found this website, historicalsamplercompany.co.uk, and they have these really old-fashioned looking samplers that I love! I'm working on one, and I asked for several more for my birthday. :) We'll have to get together and work on our projects!
Hey Riva,
You do such a great job posting to your blog. Thanks. I love catching up with you this way. Lynnea is getting so big and cute! Talk to you soon,
Love,
Janette
Post a Comment