Mommy Superpower (
ok, I'm pushing it): This is the position I hold Lynnea in while I occasionally work on the computer. She likes being held and she fits just perfectly in the hollow where my legs cross. Just give her a toy and we can both go like this for quite a while...maybe 10 minutes?

Tyler Superpower: He was the first one to go at
Spiderman at David Martinez' party this weekend. He swung with gusto and even managed to put a nice little hole in the poor guy's back. Just the fact that we trust kids with wooden sticks is a tad
disconcerting.
Mikayla's Superpower: The hardest hitter of the afternoon. So hard, in fact, that some
partygoers asked me where the harbored "anger" was coming from. Gee, I hope it's just passion and not some pent up frustration. She almost severed a leg in her "passion" but it was eventually destroyed by the birthday boy and his daddy. Even then, it was pretty
indestructible.

Superpower vendetta: Once
Spiderman was conquered, the kids got their bags and rushed for the candy. Not wanting to look completely "power"less,
Spiderman got one more revenge...against
Mikayla. In the wind that was plentiful that afternoon, he became a pendulum of cardboard that smashed into her face while she went for the most dangerous candy of all, the middle candy. She felt it for a brief moment and then went on with her task...all that and we forgot her candy bag at the party...I guess he won in the end. What child forgets their candy at a party? It must have been the head trauma.

Superpower awe: Even Lynnea found herself falling in love with the Superpowers. Transformers were her favorites and she got quite attached to this balloon while we sat on a chair and absorbed the festivities. I had to pry it from her vice-like grip. I have a feeling that we won't be doing a Princess 1 year party...it may be centered around Superheroes.
No comments:
Post a Comment