We bought some steaks, mom whipped up some sides and we went over to my parent's for some celebration time. My sister went to a baseball game so they couldn't come. We definitely missed them.The next picture may strike you as a little odd as far as outfits are concerned.. Leave it to my son to spill orange juice all over his shirt and pants. We had to dress him in his pajamas and sandals to go outside. Yes, it looks a little strange and the pajamas ended up getting filthy but he didn't seem to care. He didn't want to run around in just a diaper and shirt. He has more modesty than my daughter...
Being a dad is hard work. I wouldn't know but I trust that I'm speaking for my husband here. I mean, they work to provide a home, they are looked upon for leadership, and they have to have time at the end of the day to play. But when you're a daddy for these little munchkins, it's all worth it. Just look at their faces...the ones with the drool,
Yes, even the strange faces...
And the crazy ones.
One of the highlights of the evening was the wagon. I won't show you pictures of myself running, yes, running with the kids in the wagon across the grass but I will tell you that I did it...and did it quite a few times I might add. I keep meaning to go back to the gym (and I'll get there, I promise) but this evening's "romp" showed me just how far I have to go to get back in shape. It's hard work pulling 70+ pounds of kid and the wagon. After about 10 times, I enlisted the help of my son. Tongue out, pulling with all of his might, he did a pretty good job hauling Mikayla around the yard...in his pajamas and sandals, none the less.
After taking a quick break, it was Mikayla's turn. I'm surprised Tyler didn't fall out and become a victim of "wagon rollover."
Meanwhile, the adults were on the patio watching the melee. I just wanted to share, before this next picture, that my dad is one of the most sacrificial, loving, wonderful men in this world and I'm so proud that he's mine. He has always been there to pray with me, love me, and accept me for who I am (apart from my twin sister) which means a lot to me. I'm so happy that my kids get to know him too.
Lynnea has been having a little anxiety when I'm not holding her but she loved being in Gramp's arms for a little while.



2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great day...
The wagon looks fun!!
I don't see a problem with Tyler's jammies, by the way. Dinosaurs, right? Perfect play attire, if you ask me:-)
A wonderful tribute to a wonderful day! So great to see a family loving and enjoying one another, as it should be! Thanks for sharing!
Kelli
Post a Comment