Before I reminisce about the Discovery Science Center yesterday, I wanted to post a cute picture of Mikayla and Keira, a friend from church. We had her parents and sister over for dinner the other night and had a great time. They're friends from way back. There is nothing better than hanging out with old friends and being able to have easy conversation and a relaxing time.

On to the Science Center. I met my sister for a fun-filled morning at a local attraction and we had....fun..? You know, when you have 3 kids (5 between both of us) and you're trying to navigate between mobs of 4th, 5th and 6th graders, what started as a great time of "discovery" tends to migrate toward a day of stress and "recovery." Sorry, just had to be rhymy. It was fun for the kids but Cara and I kind of felt like we were in a tornado of children, talking, reprimanding and coralling. Through it all, we got some cute pictures and the kids had lots of fun! Here are some shots of the day.

This was the world's largest "pin art" wall. I bought a miniature one for Tyler at Target a while back and I think I was more excited than the kids to see this opportunity to make an impression. On the bottom left is Tyler's imprint, minus the head. I picked him up and pushed him into the wall. Mikayla didn't want me to do it to her so I took the chance to play around myself. It was the coolest thing.

The kids in a steam thing. I didn't read the instructions on this one.

The theme of this month's special exhibit is "grossology" and it talks about gas, smells, and other disgusting things about the insect/animal world. Here, Tyler found a frog game that shoots balls into holes. Anything with balls is his favorite.

This was the most disgusting part for me. Either I knew and wanted to forget or never knew in the first place but I found out a little tidbit of information that makes me look at flies in a whole new light. Did you know that they VOMIT on their food to soften it and then eat it? YUCK!! This animated fly talked all about it, along with information about his hygeine, relatives and food preferences. Makes
me want to vomit. I can't believe they included the vomit in the display...gross.

Climbing in the dino dig exhibit. The boys weren't interested in posing.

Mikayla tried a climbing wall. She did pretty well!

Playing with Bob the Builder.

After eating lunch at Taco Bell, we headed to my house where Cara and her kids stayed through dinner. Her hubby was out of town and she needed some company..and some playmates for her kiddos. Here's a cousin picture. It looks like Lynnea's having the most fun of all of them.

Me and my sis. We always have so much fun and so many laughs together. Thanks for coming over!!
4 comments:
I have the same sleeping bag as in picture number 1 - does Mikayla have the tent that goes with it too??
The Discovery Center looks fun, maybe mommy and daddy will take me this summer:-)
I am so happy that you and Cara have each other... to call and chat, to share life as mommies, and to be together for as long as God allows.
It always makes me cry to see sister's loving on each other like I wish I could...
thank you for not taking each other for granted!!! That's awesome.
Riva, I've probably never told you but let me say now that I think your blog is GREAT...you are so faithful to post and keep me (everyone) up to date on what you've been up to. It helps me be a little less sad about not seeing you all more often! Anyway, seeing this photo of Mikayla on a climbing wall made me want to tell you that I signed Koji up for a rock climbing camp at the gym we go to (which has a climbing wall). I hope he likes it...I'm a little nervous for him! I'll have to let you know. Say hi to Will and your sweet kids!!
Post a Comment