Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Friends

This post is really about a dear friend of mine that just had a baby but I also wanted to point out my daughter's new friends-her toes. She's taken to sucking them when nothing else is around. I don't know about you but I find it pretty amazing that she can bend in half like that. Ooo, I get a bad back just thinking about it. Her 5 month platypus picture. Note the open mouth....no, it's not a scream, it's a smile. We usually get this before we get a normal smile and it's just so cute, I had to post it.
Now on to the title of the post. My wonderful friend from junior high (yes, it's been that long), Jennifer, just had her little girl named London about 2 months ago. It's so strange to hold a baby that is fair with blue eyes and blond hair! I'm not used to seeing blue eyes! It was fun holding such a little baby. It's also fun to see Jen as a mom, which she is very good at I might add. She was always my friend in junior high who was determined to have a jet-setting career and maybe never have kids. My, how times change.
Yes, she's a little sleep-deprived. Can't we all remember that, moms? But look, the baby is sleeping peacefully, the true happiness of any mother.
Blogger turned this picture weird but here it is anyway. Such a stark contrast between Lynnea and London. Friends for life, like their mommies.

No comments: