My mom came over the other day to help out with the baby so I could get some last minute things done for MOPS. It was nice just to have her there as another adult to talk to and she was a big help.
My mom brought with her all of the keepsakes that I had wanted from Nana and Papa's house (for now) before Nana packed them up to move to Sacramento. I got a figurine that reminded me of Nana, my great-grandmother's complete china set from 1949 and a few little pitchers that were a part of my Nana's collection. They will be treasured possessions in my household but the one item that has the most memories for me is this ancient Barbie Car.
My cousins, my sister and I played and tortured this thing every time we went to Nana and Papa's house. It is technically a Barbie car (come on, would Barbie really choose orange?) but it was used to ride on most of the time. Here, Lynnea is carrying on the tradition. Mom brought it home for me to let my kids carry on the tradition.My last MOPS was Tuesday and all but one of the girls at my table came. I have enjoyed getting to know them more and more each week. It's so much fun to be a table leader. Next year I am going to have the priviledge of being Discussion Group Coordinator. Basically, I will be in charge of all of the discussion group leaders in our group. I'm so excited to work with Emily who is taking over the position of MOPS coordinator (the top dog!). We're going to have a great year. I just love encouraging other moms and being encouraged by them as well. Anyway, back to my table. We all brought food to share and then, after the speaker, I shared my testimony with the girls. I had already shared it last year so I just shared my growth this past year in my faith and hope for the future. I'm definitely not the most eloquent of speakers and I did get a tad emotional but I hope it was well received.
I have the best girls at my table. Aly, Crystal, and Christie are in the top photo and then Sara is next to Christie below. I've had the priviledge of having Aly with me at all of my MOPS tables. For some reason, MOPS isn't complete without her. She has become a close friend and someone I know I can just call and talk to about anything. Crystal was so much fun to meet. She has a bit of sarcasm just like me and I enjoyed her sense of humor. Christie is a great friend as well. I know her outside of MOPS and I love our conversations and her heart for the Lord. Sara has been at my table for the last 2 years and I admire her quiet strength. I hope she comes back for another year even though her son enters kindergarten this year.
Janee was another new addition this last semester. (sorry for the picture, Janee. I didn't take another one!) I've known Janee since 6th grade and love her strength and honesty. She is so much fun to talk to and I was so glad that she came to MOPS and, better yet, was put at my table. How fortunate am I??
Last but not least, my mentor mom. At each table, they place a woman who has "been there, done that" and that was Leslie for me. She was absolutely amazing to be with and has so much wisdom to share. We got along so well and I will miss her if she ends up at another table next year. Thank you, Leslie, for all of the help and encouragement this last year.
I have the best girls at my table. Aly, Crystal, and Christie are in the top photo and then Sara is next to Christie below. I've had the priviledge of having Aly with me at all of my MOPS tables. For some reason, MOPS isn't complete without her. She has become a close friend and someone I know I can just call and talk to about anything. Crystal was so much fun to meet. She has a bit of sarcasm just like me and I enjoyed her sense of humor. Christie is a great friend as well. I know her outside of MOPS and I love our conversations and her heart for the Lord. Sara has been at my table for the last 2 years and I admire her quiet strength. I hope she comes back for another year even though her son enters kindergarten this year.
Janee was another new addition this last semester. (sorry for the picture, Janee. I didn't take another one!) I've known Janee since 6th grade and love her strength and honesty. She is so much fun to talk to and I was so glad that she came to MOPS and, better yet, was put at my table. How fortunate am I??
Last but not least, my mentor mom. At each table, they place a woman who has "been there, done that" and that was Leslie for me. She was absolutely amazing to be with and has so much wisdom to share. We got along so well and I will miss her if she ends up at another table next year. Thank you, Leslie, for all of the help and encouragement this last year.

1 comment:
I LOVE Lynnea's face in the picture with your mom - that is TOO CUTE! What a smile she has - so contagious! :)
Kelli
Post a Comment