Living life to the fullest every day...with just a few hiccups along the way
Sunday, May 11, 2008
My Role Model
It's Mother's Day!! I hope all of you had a memorable day full of joy and gratefulness if God has blessed you with children. Every Mother's Day, I try to tell my mom what she means to me and I feel like I always fall short. I can never express in words all of the lessons she has taught me and all of the ways I wish I were like her. As she sits at my grandparent's house sorting through past memories and boxing up treasures, I pray for her. I hope she knows she is not alone and that I wish I were with her. I hope she knows that I consider her one of my closest friends. I hope she knows how much my children value her and desire to be near her whenever they possibly can. Mom, you are a gift from God to me. I don't have near enough pictures of you in my albums but here are a few I've found. The song's lyrics express my gratitude to you for all you've done.
This morning, in our adult fellowship, all of the men cooked us breakfast. It was so delicious. Here is the festive table with some wonderful friends! This was yesterday but I had to put it in because I had to have a picture with my kids (although Lynnea wasn't cooperating). I'm so happy to be a mom. Each of my kids are so different and so special. Lynnea is doing really well sitting up lately. My loving husband took me to Black Angus tonight for a Mother's Day dinner. It was nice to have the kids with us so they could help us finish the appetizer plate and the dessert.Tyler has been so funny lately. He'll smile for the camera but I also wanted to show you the face we've been getting lately when he wants to be "angry" (see below picture). We try not to laugh but this is pretty funny...Happy Mother's Day everyone!
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That last one is so cute and made me laugh so hard!!! Happy Mothers Day to a great Mom!
I like Tyler's "mad face" too. I've been stomping my foot and putting my hands on my hips when I get mad, but it just makes mommy and daddy laugh. I guess I've gotta come up with something else...
6 comments:
That last one is so cute and made me laugh so hard!!! Happy Mothers Day to a great Mom!
Jenn
I like Tyler's "mad face" too. I've been stomping my foot and putting my hands on my hips when I get mad, but it just makes mommy and daddy laugh. I guess I've gotta come up with something else...
Great picture tribute to your mom... we will be praying for her as well as she is with your grandparents.
Happy Mother's Day, Riva! I am so glad you always post pictures of you with the kids! That's great!
Can't wait to see you all in person again soon=)
I LOVE Tyler's mad face!! I know, it's hard not to laugh at them sometimes.
Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!! You're new haircut is super cute by the way!
Much love to you all!!
~Caitlyn
Post a Comment