For quite a while now, my kids have been saving their money. Every weekend, Will's parents give them a little cash and, while I used to take it and claim it as a "mommy payment" for fun extras like frozen yogurt and fun drinks, they finally realized that the money was really theirs and could be saved for some pretty cool things...like a Nintendo DS.

So today Mikayla finally had enough money to purchase the one thing on her "want" list and we set out to Best Buy to make it happen. Tyler is still a little short in his savings but, to prevent the "when can I play, Mikayla?" we decided to have him owe us money and got him his own DS as well. (It will take about a month to pay us back but he couldn't be more excited).
With the 2 games we bought Mikayla for her only birthday present, they spent the battery life of their new toys swapping the games back and forth.
I love the fact that they earned them and I love how excited they were. I feel grateful to Will's parents that they can, in fact, buy something so fun and can't wait to get my hands on it to try a little game play myself.
1 comment:
Good thing Mikayla goes to school so you will have a chance to give it a go! I have been wanting one for years but I figured it will be a future Christmas present that mommy 'borrows' from time to time!
Post a Comment