It's always refreshing to be able to laugh after a long day. I pretty much have long days every day so it's nice to giggle a little at least once. Sometimes that's a pretty tall order.
Lynnea was the cause of the laughter this afternoon when she misunderstood some "advice" I was giving the kids.
It had been a loong afternoon. Usually afternoons consist of homework, Lynnea getting in someone's way, raised voices due to Lynnea's constant "involvement" in daily activities and, as always, constant chatter.
It's a wonder I still have my sanity...do I?
Mikayla was taking a spelling test and Tyler's voice was raising and raising with each passing moment as Lynnea sat on him, took his toys, and made him watch Princess Stories on DVD. So I said, "guys, let's just try to give each other some grace. I know it's been a long day," to which Lynnea responded,
"I want some grapes!!"
3 comments:
that is so funny! So something that happens at my house on a regular basis. It must be a third kid thing. Usually my youngest just happens to 'accidently break' the others toys when they wont pay attention to him....*sigh* If you find any good tips send them my way!
Haha! That reminds me of my son when he was around 4. His dad used to joke with him and say "do you want a knuckle sandwich" (just in jest, trust me. He would never give him a knuckle sandwich) and one day my son came up to him, raised his little fist and said "Do you want me to give you a macaroni and cheese?"
Kristine, that's hilarious! Rolana, that is so true with the youngest. Whatever they can do to get attention...
Post a Comment