Friday, March 25, 2011

Bigger than an elephant...

Lynnea gets in everyone's way. It's inevitable. She's kid #3, she's loud, bossy, and can tend to want everything you have just because you're having fun with it. Ya, she pushes her weight around. But she kind of has to be that way. She's #3 after all. If she doesn't fight for it, she doesn't get it. I get that. That is why, when she chooses to be nice, it just makes my heart melt.

One thing she loves to do is tell me that she loves me. This is usually done spontaneously, like everything else, and it makes my heart melt. She will run up to me, wrap her arms around me, close her eyes lightly, eyebrows raised like a princess, and she'll say, "Mommy, I love you bigger than an elephant and a giraffe!" In her world, those are the biggest animals she can think of and they're the only ones she uses.

Mommy loves you too, Lynnea!

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

That is so true! The thirds are so tough and rough, yet when they are nice they are sweet and spontanious. My youngest loves to bug his brother and sister until they burst yet he is the first to share any treasure or toy.

Unknown said...

Awww..that's so true. I'm the third out of 4 kids so I was really forgotten sometimes but I think that I'm the sweetest out of all of us :p.

Riva, thanks again for doing your blog! You're an awesome writer :)