Thursday, March 3, 2011

Small Changes

My couches have seen a lot of life. Milk spills, vomit, baby poop, and many rounds of washing and, frankly, I'm kind of tired of them. They're tired.
Will and I have looked for good deals on couches but we just love the comfort of our blue ones. According to furniture rules, it's "got good bones." But it's hard to see new couches and not want something new!

Then we got realistic. We have a 3 year old! How "new" can a couch look with a 3 year old in the house? Solution? Slipcovers. OK, so the big pillows are kind of a challenge and make the couches look a little on the "comfortable" side but it changed the whole look of our room and kept our money, for the most part, in our wallet. So, here is the transition from old......to new! I made some quick pillows to dress it up a little and I've got a brand new couch!

4 comments:

heidi said...

That's awesome, Riva!!! Really! Amazing transformation:) And, I assume they are washable, since they are slipcovers???

Great job, Riva! I hope I can come sit on them someday soon!

Emily said...

Like! :)

Mama Griffith, said...

um...WOW! those are fantastic slip covers!

Riva said...

Thanks, girls! Yes, Heidi, they are definitely washable! It's so much better than that denim because, as you can see, every time we washed the denim they got lighter and lighter. I hope you can come sit on them soon! Rolana, they are SureFit slip covers. I got them at Bed, Bath & Beyond with my 20% off coupon.