This past weekend I had the honor of being the emcee at my church's yearly women's retreat. This year we drove to the exciting location of Palm Springs and, let me tell you, it was the perfect time of year, the perfect temperature, and the perfect view! Look at this!

We stayed at a nice resort and enjoyed our weekend away with just the ladies. Here's a sample of the breakfast breads the first day. Notice we're actually outside eating breakfast? How much more perfect could it be? The wind was gently blowing, the temperature was in the 70's...*I'm taking a moment here to remember the beautiful, blissful, without-children moment.* ok, it's over.

Here's a picture of Aly and me enjoying our child-free breakfast moment before I had to rush into the meeting room and get my 7 pages of announcement notes ready to share with the 270+ women.

One of the nights my friend, Laurinda, organized her own version of "Minute to win it" and it was hilarious. This particular shot was taken before the women feverishly built a tower of cups and then took them down again. I can't even remember who won. I got up there and demonstrated my prowess at stacking 6 dice on top of a large tongue depresser stuck between my teeth...all in one minute. You wouldn't believe how much your hands could shake when you're in a time crunch. It felt like I'd had about 10 espressos. My friend, Jenny, got a lovely picture from below the stage of my cross-eyed self stacking the dice. I told her that if it ever surfaced on the internet, she'd be in trouble.

Here is our amazing speaker, Jan, as she's getting "mic'd" up for the last session. Wade, our sound guy and the ONLY guy at the women's retreat, is doing his best "I'm-trying-to-look-serious" look. He did an amazing job that weekend and it was fun to have a guy there to break up all that estrogen.

Me and Debbie, our Women's Ministries Director. I love her!

...and the girls of room 340. Aly, Valerie, Mina and I had so much fun talking, hanging out, getting too little sleep, and enjoying our view from the balcony. I wish it could have been longer.

And last, but not least, my friend, Jenn, who led worship throughout the weekend. It was both of our "first" shot at the whole "retreat leadership" stuff and I think we both did well.

Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful (somewhat tear-filled) time of reconnecting!
No comments:
Post a Comment