Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Little Sunshine

It's been beautiful the past few days. With that in mind, I decided (after being asked over and over by my almost-5 year old) to let the kids get in the pool for the first time this year. I filled it with ice cold water and let the fun begin. Of course, they lasted all of 5 minutes before Mikayla decided I either needed to continually supply her with hot water from the faucet to warm the pool or she wouldn't go in. Considering that I was extremely lazy that day I decided that they just didn't need to swim if they couldn't stand the polar ice caps that had melted in the pool. =)

So I attempted to sit in our patio chairs with Lynnea and watch the energetic youngsters work off all of their pent-up excitement and I noticed this in my patio chair.I don't know about you, but I believe the Jurassic period ended thousands of years ago. Not so! These grasshoppers and I don't have a great relationship. First of all, they eat all of my flowers like it's their personal buffet and I haven't taken the time to stop the buffet from happening. Second, I've actually been kick-boxed by one of these dinosaurs and it wasn't pretty. I believe I let out a piercing scream (something I haven't done in a while) and vowed never to touch one again. That being said, Mr. Jurassic remained in the chair and I chose another one to relax in. It wasn't worth the bruise that would result from attempting to move him from his position.

For some reason, after looking at the photos I took of the "outside escapade" I realized that all I got were rear end shots. I'll share them with you and hope you will feel that they're appropriate for blogging. If not, I apologize...they're toddlers after all. It's inevitable to not get that perfect shot all of the time.

Mikayla, while eating lunch. It's a testament to her energy level. She can't sit still very long, even to eat lunch. She actually ate upside down.They love having picnics on the lawn and use whatever towel they can find for their blanket. Ah, the creativity of kids.
I had a meeting for my MOPS leadership today which meant that the kids were sent to their "Moppets class" (like day care) for the morning. When I went to lunch with my friend, Emily, I noticed a strange pattern across Tyler's face. It resembled a shoe print and, when I asked him if someone stepped on his face, he said, "yes." I don't know if that's really what he meant but it is quite funny that a shoe print ended up on his face. Knowing that one of his favorite places is laying down on the floor, I'm not surprised. At least it's not hurting. He's suffering from an ear infection right now and irritability comes along with those for him so I'm glad this injury isn't adding to the attitude.
Gotta love being a mom...especially to such wonderful kids!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the Tyler butt-shot of his oh-so-squeezable thighs!!

-Emily Navarro