Here is my almost 5 year old. Only 3 more days until Mikayla's 5th birthday party and she's excited. I can't believe my baby is going to be old enough for kindergarten this year but she can't wait! She's going to Chuck E Cheese this Thursday with some of her girlfriends to celebrate growing older.

Since I have a picture of Mikayla, I have to have one of Tyler as well. This weekend involved people we haven't seen in a long time. Will's cousin Helen came in to recover from her surgery and we had Dim Sum with her and several other friends. We went to the place with the almond soup but we ordered it too late so we didn't get to partake in the world's perfect dessert.

Cousin Helen with Lynnea. She is so funny! I have so much fun with her when she comes and she loves playing with Mikayla.

One of my favorite parts of this weekend was seeing my dad's older brother, Rich, and his wife, Lyn. They are from the mountains of Colorado (and I mean, where the only man-made lights that he can see for miles around are his own and his neighbors have fur and growl) and I haven't seen them in at least 6 years when they last came for a visit. It was so much fun being with them and letting them meet the 3 "new" Lee's (to them). We had such a great time being with them before they started on their drive home. Uncle Rich had a great lap for coloring in and Mikayla took full advantage.

Aunt Lyn holding Lynnea, even though she had a slight cold (Lynnea, that is). We love you both so much and look forward to, one day, visiting your cabin in the woods and letting our kids run wild like Indians...

Now, here's a scary picture....Lynnea picking up daddy's computer habits. Daddy's teaching her early how to navigate a computer keyboard. Run, Lynnea, Run!!

Mikayla's first birthday gift, from Auntie Cara, a Barbie dining room set. She has played with it since she got it and absolutely loves it. Thanks, Auntie Cara and Uncle Bryan!! The books will be fun to read too.
3 comments:
I cant believe she will be 5! Are girls are growing too fast- Im sooo not ready for kindergarten this year. Tell Mikayla happy Birthday- Madeleine will try and call her to wish her a happy day.
5! When did this happen, she really was just born like a month ago. You're kidding me right? Wow I am beginning to feel really old right now. Hey did you hear, I am blogging again. ;-)
wow I forgot mine and yours were so close in age!! It is really hard to believe that the precious baby you held in your arms grew so fast *sniff* Weird how it really does go as quickly as our parents said it would.
Post a Comment