Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chuck E Cheesy

In the morning, Mikayla woke up with streamers on her door and balloons around her bed and presents to open. She got 2 princess barbies from mommy and daddy and 2 princess videos. She seemed to like them...Then we headed off to Chuck E Cheese for her party. Before I get into the birthday festivities (a little late, I know), I must express my opinion on the wrapping of today's toys. When receiving a Barbie or other toy with many parts, be sure to get out the following tools: scissors, knife, screwdriver, and trash can....oh, and take a deep breath to try and keep your cool. Mikayla's friends were so generous in buying for her the coolest gifts from the Princess and Barbie shelves but one gift proved to be almost too much for me to open....the Barbie Bed (thanks, Aly). After getting the box open, which was pretty difficult to begin with, I then had to wrestle, un-rubber band, slice, and mangle various pieces of plastic to release Barbie from her straight-jacket type wrapping. Once I thought I had it, I then had to turn the whole thing over and repeat the process until she fell free. This is what I had to show for it... where are the days of "open the package and the toy falls out?" Anyway, all of her presents were "her favorite" so thank you, all, for your generosity. Following, are a group of pictures showing the festivities held at Chuck E Cheese (I haven't been there in at least a decade). It was surprisingly a blast!! I had visions of a ghetto restaurant with snot and other unknown "things" floating around the token rides. Instead, I was met with a clean, fun, entertaining place where all of the girls had so much fun and made me want to go again, soon! Here are the best shots.
One of the "rides" took your picture and skeched it. Tyler was a little shy.Here are the rest of us. We actually fit in one frame.All of the party girls eating their pizza.

Tyler's favorite ride.
Cutting the princess cupcake cake.Riding the rides.
Later that night, we headed to Red Robin to take advantage of their free Kid's Meal on your birthday. We pigged out on 'shroom and bbq burgers and then Mikayla got her very own ice cream sundae. With a little help from Tyler, she finished it all.

Here's a silly picture of the kids. They love hamming it up for the camera.

Gotta put a picture of Lynnea in here somewhere. She turned 3 months on Friday!!!!

After Red Robin, we headed to Grammie and Gramps house where Mikayla raked in more special presents, including a Jasmine outfit made by Grammie. It looked so cute and had to be worn the instant she got it. The next day, that was the first thing she put on and it has been on ever since, until we went out in the gravity-defying winds this afternoon. All in all, she had an incredible 5th birthday. Now she just needs to get her shots... (shh, I didn't say anything...)

This last picture was so cute, I had to include it. Tyler touching the baby's cheek, sucking his thumb. Mikayla hugging the baby and playing with her toys and all of them under the "new" gym toy for Lynnea that I set up in the living room. I can tell they're going to be the best of friends (I hope).

1 comment:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Such great fun!!! I recognized some of the people at the party!\

You treated your little girl like a princess! What a special memory of her 5th birthday! Way to Go, Mom!!!