Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A' Hunting we will go...

'Tis the season for Easter Egg Hunts. It's never been something I've been really "into" but this year I decided to take part in the MOPS hunt. It was so much fun for the kids and there didn't end up being that much candy!! I must admit that I was a little cheap when it came to filling my 24 eggs. We all have that leftover Halloween and party candy. Who's going to care if you recycle? I just made better use of it by opening all of the party packs of Skittles and Sweetarts and evenly distributing them throughout the Easter Eggs. It worked, right? And it got rid of my stash of guilty pleasures...

Anyway, we went to this really cool park for the Hunt. Tell me, isn't this park equipment the kind you would dream of when you were little? Where was this stuff when we were this age. Lynnea wasn't quite happy during the festivities. When she wasn't sleeping, she was letting everyone know how unhappy she was while I was helping the other 2 with their feverish attempts to grab as many eggs as possible. Thanks to several other moms (thanks Christie and Julianne), everyone didn't have to hear the agonizing screams for very long. Christie holding Lynnea during her happy moment.
Tyler running around the play area. It was more fun to run laps than play ON the equipment, apparently.When it was Tyler's turn to get eggs, after they threw about 200 eggs all over the grass, he went barreling onto the grass-the first one to go!! Quickly passing half of the eggs, he stooped to pick up a yellow one and proceeded to shake it to hear the goods. Unfortunately, the way they worked this one, they had tickets for other prizes in some of the eggs. These eggs didn't shake at all and, when he encountered one, Tyler would throw it aside and continue to try to find the "loud" ones. He did end up coming home with plenty of candy and plenty of new toys.Mikayla was pretty good at gathering eggs as well. She got a few tickets also and plenty of candy.
All of us after the festivities. Look, I'm still smiling! It was a fun time for all of the kids and moms alike.

1 comment:

Murray said...

I feel very blog famous! It was so fun hunting eggs with you. I wish we would have had a chance to chat more. I miss you!