Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blast at the Beach

My cousin Cheryl always has great ideas. Going to the beach was one of them. It was a beautiful day in Southern California so we headed out to make the most of the weather and get a sunburn in the process. I must add that I don't think she had any idea that it took practically an hour to pack up half the house, the food, and all of the clothing changes for 3 kids and me for the day. I told myself I was crazy for even thinking of going to the beach but I did it...and I'm glad I did.

Cheryl and I weren't the only ones at the beach due to Spring Break but there weren't so many people that your kids got lost in the crowd. I must add that I slathered them with suntan lotion but forgot myself. I made the wrong assumption that my entire body was under the umbrella with Lynnea but, as we were walking to the car, Cheryl informed me that my shoulders looked a little pink. You KNOW that when your shoulders are pink outside, they're going to be realllly pink inside the house. Boy, I felt it when I took a shower that night and, as I write this, there is still an uncomfortable burning sensation right in the middle of my back and on my right shoulder. I always tell myself that "I'll learn next time." Next time I'll remember that my whole body may not be out of the sun like I think it is. Here's the miraculous shot of the kids and me at the beach. Can you believe we're all looking and smiling?? Tyler saw this adorable puppy at the beach and followed it for several minutes. It was the cutest thing and I got this cute picture of Tyler doing a Matrix-type move to keep an eye on the dog and follow instructions to "come here." The foot is doing an almost unnatural bend in the process.
ok, ok, this next one is a little small but I wanted to get the whole beach in the blog since it's such a cute beach. I'm so proud of myself for getting them put together but you'll have to click on it to get the whole effect. This beach is across from million dollar homes and surrounded by luxurious condominiums. It's a nice little inlet.

Here's a little slideshow of the afternoon. I had too many pictures to pick just one. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Mr Lego Designer's Mom said...

Riva,
Love your determination and willingness to go out with 3 little ones! The beach photos are beautiful and very "Californian"!
That is the one thing I miss the most since we moved, going to the beach! I can't wait to take our 2 year old for the first time at some point when we are back in the states for Holidays.

Hugs,
Britt

Amanda said...

How fun! Ugh! you are so lucky to have the beach so close-- That is all Madeleine talks about is the beach and having a beach party with Mikayla. Beautiful pics too!!