I was a little nervous, I must admit, about sharing this "wonderful" day with you. Especially after the observation my mom made about blogs being a "great way for your employer or future employer to check up on you and see what you're like." If that's ever the case, I'll go back and delete this one. It wouldn't be good in the "organized and clean" checkbox. It might be a dead giveaway that the job wouldn't be up my alley but, before that day comes, here is the state of my house in it's most honest and real condition. (Keep in mind this isn't always the state it's in...). I had to put that in there or I'd feel guilty. Can't have that...
Anyway, after my hectic morning I decided to check one thing off of my list and empty the dishwasher. Wow, wouldn't Will be proud of me that I got one thing accomlished?? I was feeling so good about myself and then it happened. The mug came from nowhere and tumbled, in slow motion, toward the stack of plates I had placed on the counter right below the cabinet. It was a favorite mug, a Disney mug (gasp) and there it hurled, connecting with the top plate and producing this...
In Mikayla's words, it was a catastrophe! I only have 2 Disney mugs and her favorite was ruined. Oh, don't worry, if I didn't already feel bad about the mishap, I was certainly reminded about 3 times how sad she was that mommy broke her "jasmine" cup. I was more distraught over the broken plate-I only have 6!!! Now, I have 5. Luckily all of them didn't break. I don't think I could have even written this blog through the tears and emotional breakdown. So then I started feeling sorry for myself, for all of the work that had been created for me to do. Let me go through my house, starting with the sink. This is the condition of my sink at the moment...
Notice how it's all child related and it keeps piling and piling. It never ends. Next is a picture of my nice and tidy dining room. The kids love play doh and I love sewing. Therefore, the table is an eclectic mixture of a sewing machine and sewing stuff and the table-filling play doh accessories. I must point out that at least the floor is clean! I actually vacuumed it this morning. What you can't see are all of the frozen peas that somehow missed Tyler's spoon and came to land on the floor.
If you didn't notice, I also have dead flowers on the table. Here is a close up.
I don't know if they are still there because I forgot to throw them out or that I couldn't see them because of the accumulation of other things blocking my view. Moving on, and adding to my list of things to take care of, is the living room. Oh, LOOK, it's almost clean!!!
That will only take maybe 5 minutes to pick up. I haven't even checked the kid's room but I do know that that train I set up the other day...is destroyed. All this to say that cleaning up, as a mom, is a tough job! While talking with a friend, we came to the conclusion that we shouldn't clean up near as much as we do. Why? When it will all get messy again in a few minutes time. I do enjoy a clean house, though, so I must stop rambling on and attempt to take care of the rampant destruction. Thankfully, my hubby volunteered to help me get the house in "company" order before the weekend. Thanks, babe!! This house will need it...
That will only take maybe 5 minutes to pick up. I haven't even checked the kid's room but I do know that that train I set up the other day...is destroyed. All this to say that cleaning up, as a mom, is a tough job! While talking with a friend, we came to the conclusion that we shouldn't clean up near as much as we do. Why? When it will all get messy again in a few minutes time. I do enjoy a clean house, though, so I must stop rambling on and attempt to take care of the rampant destruction. Thankfully, my hubby volunteered to help me get the house in "company" order before the weekend. Thanks, babe!! This house will need it...
5 comments:
I'm sorry babe for the tough morning/day and the premature burial of that Disney mug, we will have to keep our eyes open for a "Jasmine" mug replacement. But 1 question, has Mikayla EVER used that mug? I thought we always restricted her to sippy cups.
We'll get this house in order for your shower!
What a great husband to comment like that! Way to go, Will!
I had to laugh a little at your post, Riva... I am not hosting a party this weekend, but my house looks almost identical to yours!!! Just this afternoon I was thinking, "Clean it all up or take pictures and blog about it?"
Thanks for being so open and honest! Makes all of us moms feel like we're not alone!
p.s. and you're doing an awesome job considering you just had a BABY a few months ago!
Love you friend!
I am so glad that your house looks like mine! I am one of those that dreams of a spotless house but it never seems to happen. This, too, is just a phase!
Way to go, Will. Make the rest of us husbands look bad. Now I'm gonna have to help clean MY house this weekend too...and we aren't even hosting a shower!
Oh, post more food pictures too. Yummy.
--Jaysen
Riva, I LOVE you for posting this. Your pictures show the condition that my house is pretty much perpetually in. I hate it, and you're right, it's pretty much impossible to stay on top of. Oh well....at least some day there won't be so many TOYS around! That's what drives me crazy. Just wait until Tyler hits the Matchbox stage, if he hasn't yet. You'll be in constant fear of impaling your feel on tiny metal cars.
Post a Comment