This Saturday was the day of "THE PARTY." As I am not much of a party planner ( I do enjoy throwing one once in a while but all of the details somehow escape me), this weekend was a treat and a lesson in how it's done. My friend Emily has a gift for throwing parties and her little girl's birthday tea was spectacular. Each little girl had their own hat, gloves and chair as well as a pint-sized chair at the small toddler-sized table set up in the living room. On each plate was a pink Moon Pie with their name written on it and a tray stacked high with sweets and sandwiches. The food for the mommies was just as incredible. I had to keep myeslf from going back and getting seconds.

The hats were strung along the window and each little guest could choose which hat she wanted. Emily's attention to detail was amazing. She even MADE little tote bags for each little girl in the most adorable fabric and stuffed it with candy and princess jewelry.

Unfortunately, Mikayla woke up with a not-so-nice cold and when I threatened to not go to the party, I thought her heart was going to break so I decided, as long as she didn't sneeze on anyone, she could go enjoy the festivities. She was not her usual, peppy self but she had a fun time and looked as pretty as a princess.

The birthday girl, Bekah. It was so much fun watching her open her gifts and just enjoy all of the little friends who love her so much. I must say that seeing all of the little girls there was just so much fun. I'm looking forward to all of the years ahead; the friendships and the times spent together.

I had to leave Bekah's party early and head to a baby shower for a friend of mine. Since everyone knows I love to sew, you KNOW I had to make her something. Since my thing has been bags lately, I made her a diaper bag with her favorite color, green. I'm actually thinking of making these and selling them sometime in the near future so we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, it's fun making them for gifts.

I put a flower on Kim's. Thanks to Emily, I know how to do it.

I included a diaper wipe/diaper holder in the bag. Now I need to make myself one.

Last night my cousin, Cheryl, came over and hung out. We enjoyed Taco Bell and sitting around on the couch. She pointed out that Mikayla had never been so quiet. In fact, Mikayla never even left the couch so it was pretty abnormal. Today she's a little more energetic so it looks like she's feeling a little better.

Lynnea is already 10 weeks!!
2 comments:
That looks like a very special birthday party... I am glad Mikayla felt good enough to go! What a special day!
You are too sweet. And thank you for putting a positive spin on the celebration as I am afraid the ONLY thing that everyone will remember is Bekah's......( we'll just call it an)...... episode. Love the bag! :)
Post a Comment