Thursday, February 14, 2008

Healing

For those of you who read my blog, you know family means everything to me. It's been especially difficult this last year with the deaths of 2 of my Aunts and the discovery of cancer in my cousin's husband, Ben. God's plans are not always our plans and I have to keep telling myself that this life is full of heartache but can also be filled with incredible joy. So, with the news of cancer hitting another member of the family, I can only ask God, "why?" One of my most treasured friends, a woman who holds a part of my heart, my cousin, Julie, just found out she has breast cancer. We had just been rejoicing with her and her husband after they called us with news that they found out they were having a little boy and now we have to somehow deal with the term, "cancer." Her incredible outlook is inspiring and, after talking with her tonight, I am ready to beat this thing with her. Julie, you're amazing!!!

Lord, we pray for healing....

1 comment:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Riva, we are praying for Julie, her husband, and her baby boy... I can't even imagine the pain everyone must be feeling right now.

Now words... except, we love you and will be continuing to pray for your whole family!!!!!