Sunday, January 6, 2008

Week of Firsts

OK, so it might have been gas but here's one of Lynnea's first smiles. She always smiles when you bicycle her legs for gas, even though this wasn't one of those times. I love her 2 dimples, just like daddy. I can't wait until she smiles because she wants to...or I'm funny (which surely will only last for a month or two).
Looking at me with her wide eyes. She's holding her head up pretty well.

The other day I decided to get really fancy in the kitchen and make rice krispy treats. To be honest, I've never made them before so it was really fun. The kids loved helping me make them but they loved helping me eat them even more. I must admit that I loved eating them too. On the box it says that it's better to eat them the day you make them so we wanted to test that theory. I did send half of them with Will to his guy's night out but the kids and I polished off the rest of them that night.

So I finally went back to Dim Sum the other day. I had gone on Christmas but it had been about a month since I've been back to the Saturday routine of breakfast with the in-laws. Our favorite place is being renovated so we had to revert to the second best place. Let me just say that they have the world's best dessert EVER at this place. Every time I come, I save room for what I lovingly refer to as "almond soup." It is a DELICIOUS almond flavored milky liquid that comes in its own ramekin with blanched almonds at the bottom and a puff pastry on the top. The point is to break the puff pastry into the almond soup and eat it together. WOW!! Usually I'm not so hot on the Chinese dessert which tends to consist of bean paste or oh-so-yummy sesame seed something-or-other, but they do score a perfect 10 on this one. Here's a picture of the decadence.
The inside


The kids love this dessert. Here is Tyler finishing up his bowl.

Some of Will's parent's friends come often. Here is Ruby holding Lynnea. She was a big hit this Saturday.
This morning was Lynnea's first time in our Adult Fellowship class. It is definitely weird doing the baby thing again but I'm cherishing every moment since I know it's my last one. I had to dress her in a cute, coordinating outfit for her first visit. After this, I'm not sure she'll make it out the door with matching clothes.

Don't you love the shoes? I didn't think they made them that small. I love little girl clothes!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? I CAN'T believe you have never made rice krispy treats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been? Ok I am over my shock...... love the pictures of the baby. Too cute! :0)

Riva said...

ok, Em, I don't REMEMBER ever making them. Of course I've eaten them but I can't recall stirring the ingredients together before. I know, shocking...

Kristy said...

I thought I was the only one! I'd never made them until last year, when I spent the night at Christi's because her husband was out of town, and we doubled the recipe and totally pigged out. Now I make them kind of a lot because I found out Nathan LOVES them!

Anonymous said...

lynnea is already so alert and adorable!! i loved her sunday outfit :) yes...we (myself included) never get out of the house in matching outfits anymore...

what restaurants are you referring to? Is that 888? we haven't found any great chinese restaurants we like that much around here...thanks!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. I loved watching Grandpa Mike holding her in Sunday School. Sorry I never made it around to say hi or to get to hold her. Maybe next week!