Monday, January 21, 2008

Accomplishments are Wonderful

Our little angel turned 5 weeks last Friday. Here she is, the picture of laid-backness (is that a word?) She's been awake more. Coincidentally, her awake time just happens to be right when the other 2 are sleeping. The joy of having 3 I guess. Hopefully I can change that when she gets more on schedule (schedule? in the Lee house? It happens once in a while). Her newest thing is "talking" to us with little coos and smiling when we talk to her or bicycle her legs for gas. We all know that getting gas out takes half of our lives as a newborn's parent. In regards to that, it strikes me as funny that, lately, the only time I feel a sense of accomplishment is when I hear that roar of sound coming from my infant's rear end. Wow, I need to get out more.We went to Dim Sum again, as we do most Saturdays, with Will's parents. This particular time it was a little crazy and the food wasn't as good. After a good half hour of Dim Sum, the kids were getting restless and I was almost at the breaking point when the jello cart rolled by. There are times when I'm so grateful for the tacky decorations that come with some of the Chinese food and this day was one of them. Thank goodness for paper umbrellas. For the next 15 minutes, my children were pretending that rain was falling in the restaurant (Tyler was also using it as a devide to clean daddy's ear of wax) and that made mommy happy the rest of the time. Here are some pictures of their excitement. Mikayla had to try on mommy's sunglasses and wear a fashionable bandanna today. She likes to try different clothing styles and her idea of "matching" is not necessarily mine. She's cute no matter what.
So the shingles thing...Here is my husband handling the baby. Since he's been diagnosed with shingles, he hasn't been able to handle the baby for the remote chance he could spread them so I've been responsible for all things baby. There was one morning that I begged for a little time to take a shower so he snapped on gloves and burped her for me. As a side note, I'm so thankful that Will's shingles haven't been that bad. He didn't get any kind of extreme pain and the pills the Dr. gave him have taken all of the rashes away before they even produced any blisters. Praise God!I've got to shout out a big thank you to Melissa, my MOPS leader, for coming over to say hi and for bringing a homemade pizza for dinner. For all of you who have brought meals, I cannot thank you enough for saving me from having to spend time putting something together. Words cannot express our gratitude!! By the way, Melissa, the pizza was DELICIOUS! Will polished off at least 3 large pieces. SOOO good.
I know some of you will look at the last 2 pictures and say, "where does she get the time?" As a crafter/sewer/do anything creative to feel like I'm accomplishing something person, I have to at least have a project in the works. The project of my chair covers has been in the works since we remodeled our kitchen almost a year ago. The fabric had been sitting on my chair, in the background, for a LOOOOOOONG time and I had finally had enough. I sat the kids in front of the tv and other various "babysitters" and went to town. It didn't take that long to finish since I had all of the pieces already cut out. Now I can go a few weeks feeling really good about myself!! I finished something!!!
BEFORE
AFTER

Do you like them? After all that work I'm now paranoid about the kiddos spilling all over them. I think I'll wrap theirs with saran wrap for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the chair covers. You've accomplished so much this week-gas and chair covers! No wonder I have you listed on my blog as super mom!
Love you!
Christie

Anonymous said...

I love the chair covers too! Great job! I'm glad that Will is feeling better.
-Emily Navarro

Emily said...

Lynnea is getting so big. That first picture really shows how much she has grown in the last month. WOW!!!!! Oh and I love the chair covers too..... you are FABULOUS DARLING!:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Will's shingles are subsiding...we chatted with him a little on Sunday.

Your chair covers are beautiful! I can totally relate to wanting to feel that sense of accomplishment, no matter how ambitious it is...

Anonymous said...

Kristen suggested I may have "Stress Rash" and not shingles, I think she may be right. I did some research and although I can't be 100% sure and hard to diagnose, it sounds like that's what it might be. The rash is going away without pain or developing into any blisters. Thanks Kristen!

William