Sunday, April 5, 2009

Party Time!

Finally! A picture of Nana. My camera hasn't captured many moments lately but I grabbed it when Nana joined us one day to just hang out and be together. Here's all of "the girls" on the couch. We did a silly picture too but mommy didn't turn out so well (it wasn't so much silly as "UGH, what was THAT?). I'll leave it to your imagination.Anyway, it was fun to have her at our house, experiencing a "day in the life" of the Lee family. Let's see, we sat on the couch, ventured into the backyard for a little playtime, Nana helped me pull some weeds (that was the highlight of the afternoon) and then she played with the kids in the living room while I cooked dinner. I'm so sorry if it was boring, Nana. After hearing of Cara's Easter Egg Hunt and trip to Joann's, I feel somehow like I need to make it up to her...
Yesterday was the birthday party of one of Mikayla's best friends in school, R.J. The party was at Pump It Up and it seemed like half of Whittier showed up to celebrate R.J.'s 6th birthday. I didn't know too many of them but some of Mikayla's other school friends were there so I spent the time talking to their moms. Jamie is one of the moms I've gotten to know this last year. Her daughter's name is also Mikaela but spelled different so we both have great taste in names. =) She's been such a wonderful friend and it's been fun getting to know her. Here we are with our youngest.
And here is Lynnea winking. She will close both eyes slowly if you ask her to wink so I had to get a picture. It's so cute.
The Air Hockey table was quite popular with the little people this time around at Pump It Up. I think it was because my friend, Michelle, kept finding quarters in her purse to feed the hungry machine. Thanks Michelle! I admire this woman so much. Her daughter, in the middle of the picture, is Mikayla's other best friend in the class and her dad, Michelle's husband, just passed away a few weeks ago of an unexpected, massive heart attack. My heart goes out to them and it has been tough for them. If you think of them, please say a prayer for their family.
Here is the gang, and Michelle, looking at the scoreboard to see who is winning. So much fun!!
Thanks, R.J. for inviting us to your fun party. The chips and dip were fabulous-you know how to win my heart!

No comments: