It's Easter! That only means that the inevitable Easter Egg Hunt is here. I kind of dread this hallowed activity due to several reasons. #1. I don't like finding small things to buy to go into a dozen eggs..oh wait, make that a dozen eggs for EACH child. This year I stuck in Starbursts, Nerds Jelly Beans and stickers. I know there are some moms out there who are going the "no candy" route but I'm not that creative yet. #2. I don't particularly care for the multi-tasking of watching the baby pick up eggs while the other 2 play on the playground. #3. I don't like coming home and unloading the loot. Frankly, I don't like any kind of unpacking and the unpacking of loads of yummy candy is up on the "least favorite" list.So now that you've heard my pessimistic view of the Easter Egg Hunt, I've got to tell you that it was actually pretty fun. It's always fun being with friends and, Aly, the bagels and coffee made it even better.
Just to let you know, before you look at the next picture, my loving and weather-conscious husband told me that it was going to rain...definitely. With that thought in my mind I dressed my children in comfortable, warm clothes, clothes that would withstand a little chilly temperature and some sprinkling. Then God played a trick on me and sent down the hottest sun this side of Arizona. And there they were, my children, dressed for the Alpine ski slopes, poor things. By the end of the morning, Lynnea's cheeks were almost as red as her dress and the other 2 had shed their jackets. Here she is in her winter finery.
Since it was Lynnea's first time, Tyler kept an eye on her and made sure she got the best eggs. Such a good big brother.
Oh look! Mikayla actually posed for a picture. Tyler did too, I guess.
Then it was Tyler's turn. He got his 12 eggs pretty quickly. Lynnea thought she could take part in every egg hunt (you can see her in the background) and tried to search out her own prize.
A satisfied egg-catcher.
Lynnea sampled some of the "fallout" jelly beans that she found under the tree. Unfortunately, she got a little dirt with the sugar.
Mikayla was last to hunt for eggs.
Then we sampled the goods.
We had a fun day with many other moms from MOPS. I think we're still on a sugar-high.
1 comment:
That was funny babe!
W
Post a Comment