Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Paint??

First of all, here is the cutest picture of my Nana and Lynnea. It took a little while for Lynnea to warm up to her but, eventually, she "invited" Nana to have the privilege of holding her for a short while. While Nana was over on Monday, I decided to stage a terrific craft for the kids. Yes, it involved paint...and newspaper...and water....and aprons....and yes, I'm crazy, I know. Things didn't get that out of control much to my amazement, and the hard core craft spurred such creativity in my crafty kids. Tyler's creativity came out in the color pink. For some reason, he believed that his pirate ship needed a feminine touch. I eventually steered him toward the greens and blues but some of the pink stayed. A little tongue was involved as well...Mikayla didn't really pose for me. For some reason, posing for the camera isn't on her list of "the top ten things I enjoy." Mikayla wanted to finish hers the next day but Tyler decided his "crafting" was done so I willingly finished his pirate ship. Here's to messy crafts that inspire creativity!

No comments: