Monday, April 20, 2009

Growing Up

This past week, my Aunt Nancy came into town and spent an afternoon and evening with our family. The kids took advantage of her exceptional reading ability to hear another voice read one of their books. I'm sorry for the book choice, Aunt Nancy. Dora and the whatever it's called was a little on the "magical" side for us Lee's. It was one of those books from the Scholastic book order that you can't read before you buy. Lesson learned. It did come with a cool necklace...whatever happened to that necklace, anyway? Oh well, moving on. Cheryl and Nancy were inundated with games, books, and lap time. Thanks for being such good sports. We all loved being with you!
On Friday night, a group of friends from school and the moms went to see Hannah Montana. Now, I agonized over this movie. Is Mikayla too young for it? What will she come away learning? I looked up the reviews and it looked like it was a really good story so, since she's already been introduced to High School Musical, I decided it would be a fun night out with friends. Surprisingly, the movie had a great message and the music was fun too. The girls sat in the front row of the second set of bleachers and danced around whenever the music called for a little movement. Here they are.
After the movie, we hit Rocky Cola Cafe for a little dessert. Of course, this was after I pigged out on a tray of popcorn, my very own coke, and a teensy, tiny bag of skittles. Oh, and the whole time, my daughter was doing the, "mom, I don't need to hold your hand because it's embarrasing. If you could just leave me alone with my friends that would be great" thing. Here's the smile I got because I just got too darn embarassing with my camera....*sigh*. We had to have a discussion when we got home about mommy having feelings too and being hurt that she didn't really want me around. Note the "I'm smiling" face I got at the Cafe...
Here is me and Jamie, one of the moms I've become friends with from school. Her sister, Sarah, did my hair. Didn't it turn out great? I love getting my hair done and it had been a long while.
Mikayla's haircut coming soon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ohh, I felt so sad when I read about Mikayla already being embarassed of you. I can't believe it starts so young. That means I only have a few short years left of being Mollie's "hero."

Granny Jo said...

Cute do's on both of you! Oh, it hurts to be invisible! Or have them want you to be invisible anyway! Eventually you have enough "cred" to be visible again! (Bill's job is wearing off on me!)