Monday, March 30, 2009

Gardening and other Watersports

So, for all of you who don't believe that I'm not a green thumb, I have proof. You know those little green bugs that infest the stems of plants, breed ferociously, and look like small grasshoppers? Those little mites (more commonly called aphids) have one of the highest itch factors in my entire "phobia" list. Seriously, when I see them, I feel like I break out in hives and need to go inside for some Benadryl. Well, look what I found the other day...You can barely see it but it's there-the butt end of an aphid, enjoying MY ranunculas. How dare it!!&&** Anyway, after I got past that, I decided to water my lovely? garden and enlisted the help of my 3 year old.
Hey, my grass looks pretty green. I'll pat myself on the back for that one. Oh, and look, I actually have some sort of flowers growing in my "garden." Another pat on the back. Believe me, it's a stretch to want to do any sort of weeding and/or planting in God's great greenhouse. That's why he made people like my mom. While we're on the subject of mom, here's a fun picture I took of her and the kids (well, 2 of them), the other day while I was visiting Nana. I haven't taken a picture of my Nana who is visiting from out of town but I'll get one soon.
This was the scene as soon as an electronic device came out. It was so strange. It was like a magnet drew all of the children to the "king of electronics," a.k.a. my husband, Will. They wanted to see a video of some digital insects on YouTube and were all fighting for a spot to observe the 3 inch screen. *sigh*
On Sunday, we spent some time with some wonderful friends and their families for lunch. I love my fellowship group and it's so much fun that most of their kids are my kid's ages so they have so much fun together. Here they are playing School. Rebekah is the teacher. I'm actually surprised Mikayla gave up that role to sit with the students. Wait...one of the kids is missing!
OH, there he is! When we turned around, there was J, soaking wet and loving the free water fountain in the plaza. I wonder what his carseat looked like after the ride home.

2 comments:

Emily said...

love it!

Lauren said...

how fun! and p.s. your flowers are gorgeous!

Oh to be in sunny Cali ;)