I think the world now knows that Mikayla is 6 years old. I feel like we've been celebrating for days but she is well worth it! On her actual birthday, Friday, she started the day off with school in the morning and then I took her to Disneyland for the afternoon and evening. It worked out perfectly since I had received a 2fer pass on my birthday and had to use my second free day before one month passed. Since Mikayla's birthday is on the 13th, I had 3 days to spare so we both went for free!
The day was so much fun. We met up with a friend from school and her mom who had passes and Mikayla and Alyssa were so excited to be together outside of school at the happiest place on earth! I had a fun time getting to know her mom a little better and am happy that my daughter is making good friendships at school with wonderful kids.
I couldn't believe I actually made it all the way through the day (I had gone to Disneyland with Cara in the morning to take full advantage of the free pass) on one hour of sleep the night before. I haven't been able to get a lot of sleep lately due to several factors, one being the medicine I'm taking for my asthma and the other comes in the form of a 15 month old with new teeth coming in. Anyway, I actually made it without collapsing all the way until 11:30 at night when Mikayla and I pulled into the driveway after a fun-filled day at Disneyland. Her favorite rides were the roller coasters, especially Thunder Mountain and she even put her hands up and slid back and forth on the seat. I had to be dragged on that ride as a young girl by my Papa and my hands never came off of the safety bar. She seems to have no fear. Surprisingly, Mikayla even waited over an hour to ride Space Mountain even after I told her that it was dark, fast and loud. What a trooper.
Saturday morning, we had her "school" party at our house with 7 of her school friends. Will set up the jump house, we had breakfast at 8:30 in the morning (french toast sticks) and then decorated cupcakes, had a pinata and opened presents. They were excited just to be there together and spend some time playing. Unfortunately, one of her friends couldn't make it. Tragically, the father of one of her best friends in school died suddenly on Thursday of a massive heart attack, much to the surprise of everyone who knew him. I had found out about it on the day of Disneyland but I didn't want to spoil Mikayla's day by telling her since she didn't know why Julia hadn't made it to school that day. It will be hard to tell her and my heart aches for her friend. If you think of them, please pray for their family.
So, here's a slideshow of all that happened for her birthday. Tonight, we had my parents over (who brought yummy pizza, thanks mom and dad!) and my cousin Cheryl to celebrate. All in all, I think it's a birthday that Mikayla won't soon forget. I can't believe my baby is 6. I'm so proud of her, of who she's becoming, and what a blessing she is in my life. Happy Birthday, Baby!!




4 comments:
isnt it going so fast? Hold on I hear its only going to get worse! I get the sniffles when I see your videos..so special. I see you have a bitty baby in the backround. That is my girls favorite baby she named her rose.
Happy Birthday, Mikayla! Seems like yesterday when you were pregnant with her at the Register! She's beautiful, Riv. All three are. I really enjoy your blog.
What a sweet 6th birthday! Happy Birthday, Mikayla! So glad you had such a great time with all that love you!
Happy Birthday Mikayla!! I remember when your mommy found out you were going to enter her world - and when she picked out your name - and I remember holding you in the hospital with your teeny tiny beenie with the teeny tiny american flag on it. Now you're a beautiful and fun little girl. I'm glad you had lots of fun birthday parties!
Post a Comment