To lighten the mood a little bit after cleaning, painting, and doing other chores today, we let all 3 kids have a Popsicle. Now, usually, only the 2 oldest get one all their own but tonight Lynnea got to have her very own as well. She was in heaven. Here's a slide show of "Popsicle fever."
I also got a treat tonight. A few years ago, a company that rented one of Will's dad's buildings made ice cream that they sold to stores. Every once in a while, dad would bring home a box of the most delicious, perfect ice cream bars ever. Whenever I saw one in the work freezer, I had to savor each scrumptious, savory bite. Now, for those of you who don't like things out of the ordinary, this wouldn't be your kind of treat but for me, it is divine. Green tea ice cream lovingly enrobed in a coating of white chocolate. Heaven. About a year ago, Will came home with devastating news. They had discontinued the green tea bars because someone over in Hong Kong had died...(don't ask me what the correlation is). I was devastated and thought I would never taste them again. Then I got a phone message a few days ago from my techy husband that a box had arrived from the ice cream company. Inside, was pure heaven. Here is a picture of the ice cream masterpiece (albeit a little blurry).
MMMM! After having a bite of it, Mikayla said she wanted to eat the rest of them. I firmly said "no, these are mommy's treats." Something has to be sacred, right?



2 comments:
ummmm..... I have no doubt that the green tea ice cream is good but if I was just to look at it with no description I would say it looks like guacamole in a tortilla on a stick. :)
Riva, it's unfair to tempt us like that... i want some!! =) There's gotta be a store somewhere ....
Post a Comment