Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finally Finished!!

You know those projects that kind of sit on the top shelf of your brain and remain there, gathering dust and continually nagging at you until they're finished? I've had a few and I am proud to say that I have finally finished them, at least 3 of them.

The first projects were diaper bags. One of my friends just had her first little girl and I was unable to attend her shower. I meant to finish the bag by the shower but didn't get around to it. The fabric was sitting on the table, calling out to me (fabric always does) but I didn't have a chance to make it until now. Here it is, finished! I'm pretty happy with it. Here is the inside. Then there was Joyce's bag. This one is a LOT late. I like to make diaper bags for my friends who have new babies but, unfortunately, was never able to make one for Joyce since her baby was born about a week after Lynnea. Since I was in a sewing frenzy, I whipped hers out once I had finished Valerie's. Here it is.
The other project that kind of sprouted up was the repainting/redecorating of my master bedroom. Ever since Will and I have been married, our bedroom colors have remained the same, lavendar and green. A great color combo but, after 9 years of marriage, I wanted a change. Throughout the last few months I've been picking up a few things here and there, throw pillows, paint swatches, curtains, and finally, a bedspread that I liked and tackled the huge project of redesigning the bedroom.

This first picture is the before; not the decorated before but the "prep before painting" before.
and here's the after.

The bathroom before painting (missing a few shelves on the wall.)
and after.
Now I need to finish Lynnea's scrapbook...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It all looks beautiful!!! I wish I had been there to help.