The second weekend, me and the kids tagged along. I was excited to get my hands dirty, clean some classrooms, feel like I was making a difference...
But while Will was doing this...
with all of them...
I was taking care of these...
...with help, of course. Several of my friends and I were given the large responsibility of keeping everyone's kids out of trouble while they got their hands dirty and cleaned/fixed up the school. Now, this wasn't my idea of my role at Graceworks and taking care of kids isn't usually my first choice when it comes to "things I'm volunteering to do" but with the other moms, it was actually pretty enjoyable. It ended up being a great time of serving, in our own way. We got up to 27 kids. Add to that the Saturday school kids that came out several times to play, it was quite an exhausting morning...5 hours of morning.The 4 of us must have gotten some jewels in our crown for this one.
In the end, the school looked great. The sandbox was the best part! Oh, and the kids were pretty tired...
No comments:
Post a Comment