Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter Past (or passed)...

OK, I know it's been a few weeks since Easter and I've had these pictures downloaded but just haven't blogged about the Easter egg hunt until now. I'll do a quick rundown of the day's activities.

First of all, our friends brought 10 little chicken chicks for the kids to love on. And they did. Those poor little chicks were so loved on they would probably have chosen a life of solitude after Saturday. Of course, Mikayla loved to hug and cuddle each and every one and it added a little something to the celebration.
My little one and her friend love playing together. I caught this pic of them playing in the playhouse. I just love the look on his face - pure mischief.
After we all ate ourselves silly, we continued the tradition of "guys hide the eggs, girls go out with the kids and sing/tell the story of Easter. Now, as you can see, the guys get a little carried away when they hide those couple hundred eggs and yes, my friend Robert is actually placing an egg on the top of the swingset. Don't worry, someone picked up a child so that they could reach it. Eggs were going in the trees, in the flowers, anywhere you could think of.
Can I just mention that I can only dream of having a backyard this large? I think I would shove my kids outside every day and figure that they wouldn't wander off very far until I called them in for dinner. Honestly, I am so grateful that the couple who owns this house has let us invade their place for several of our Fellowship class' activities. It's amazing.
Here is a child of one of our couples quoting a verse for all of us. I was pretty impressed and vowed that I'd be starting to teach my children verses longer than 5 words. It was inspiring. Oh, and I hope you noticed minivan row behind the kids. Yep, where there are children, there are large cars...and lots of minivans.
The hunt is on!
I tried to get a picture of all 3 of my children during the feverish egg hunt but it didn't work out well. I did get a few good ones of each of them.
Mikayla finally sat down to investigate the best pieces of candy...
...and when Lynnea was done...
...she joined her. Unfortunately, my youngest decided, not only, to unload her entire basket on the ground but to do it on an ant highway. In -1 second, all of her candy and her legs were covered in ants believing they'd found the jackpot. We were able to salvage most of the candy but I think her fear of ants was intensified just a tad.
We all had so much fun. It's amazing I can still remember what we did 2 weeks ago but pictures do help. I feel like it's been so long since Easter. Life has a way of speeding by. Enjoy every moment!!

1 comment:

Mama Shoe said...

That is a huge Easter egg hunt, looks like a lot of fun. (And what an amazing backyard!) This is a great tradition!