Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wii Fits

Our annual Costume party was last Saturday and I'm just getting to it now, I know. Without fail, we came up with our costume designs about 2 days before the big day so, implementing them in only a matter of hours was quite a challenge. I borrowed a sewing machine from Emily to make our headbands (since mine is being fixed by a Ving Rhames look-a-like and don't even ask how that is going..UGH). Saturday morning, Will and I were cutting and sewing on Wii logos to all of our shirts and, surprisingly, it turned out pretty realistic. One thing that slowed us down was the fact that I got plain foam instead of adhesive foam so I had to tack every letter on by hand. Needless to say, by the time the party was over, some of us only had "ii" on our shirts.

Here's a family picture we took at my parent's house before the festivities. Last year we didn't get that good of a picture so we had to do it purposefully this time. It was so good to see Heidi and Eric there with their kids. They moved a while away but make it a point to attend the Costume party every year. It's so good to see them!
I just had to include this picture. My friend, Craig, and his wife, Rebekah, came as a hunter and his targets. I thought it was, by far, the best costume and the funniest. He looked so different and yet embraced his character wholeheartedly. You guys looked great.
Everyone's costumes were so creative and it is always fun to see the transformation of our good friends into make-believe characters. One of Tyler and Mikayla's friends, Bekah, came dressed as cotton candy. Tyler loves her so much and looks up to her like his own sister. He loved playing with her that night.
Tyler and his Wii pose.
Mikayla and her Wii Fit physique.
After dinner, we played a huge game of duck, duck goose which was definitely a highlight of the evening. It was fun to watch kids run around (as long as I wasn't the goose) and laugh the whole way around.
Of course Lynnea's favorite place to be was right in the middle. It was like a huge playpen.
We had so much fun. Can't wait for next year's festivities. Hopefully we'll be able to start a little sooner on the costumes next year.

2 comments:

Dave and Kelli said...

You guys look awesome - I totally love the picture of Tyler, into the game! :) Fun times!

Anonymous said...

I am loving this! Just loving it!