Thursday, July 12, 2007

Without the Man...

This week has been somewhat challenging with Will gone in Chicago from Monday until Thursday. It wouldn't have been too bad except for the fact we had no TV. Now I know there are those of you whose children only watch 10 minutes a day but I look forward to the hour in the morning so I can at least get myself ready and have some time to wake up when Tyler wakes up at 6 in the morning. It's nice to have a little break from the, "mommy, mommy" once in a while. Also, when Will's gone, I tend to have a little anxiety about outside noises and end up staying awake until midnight. Because of this constant panic, it's nice to have some background noise when I'm by my lonesome in the bedroom so I don't have to hear the potential burglers. Will graciously plugged in the little tv in our bedroom so I can get the normal channels but, unfortunately, channel 28 (sesame street) isn't one of them. One day I got so desperate for some time to myself that I sat them on the bed and let them watch I Love Lucy. Mikayla tolerated it for a few minutes and then they started wrestling on the freshly made bed.

It has been fun being with the kids all by myself. The only difficult time is around 6:15 or so when Will is supposed to come home and doesn't. Dinners lately haven't been that interesting or complicated either. Quesadilla, anyone? I haven't taken too many pictures since we haven't ventured out much this week during the day but I did get one of them painting. I think we did every craft known to toddlers to make the days interesting and entertaining. Tyler just wanted to put the brush in the water but he did get a few strokes on his Winnie The Pooh picture.


Where did my paintbrush go?

What color should I paint Mulan?

Will comes back tonight! I can hardly wait! Well, I have to go stop a balloon fight-there seems to be a lot of yelling and squealing...

No comments: