This weekend, Will and I took a much-needed weekend away from life as we know it. Since Mikayla was born, over 4 years ago, we haven't taken a trip alone-just the 2 of us-and my parents graciously offered to watch the kids so we could go to San Diego. We Pricelined our hotel and got this 4 star hotel called
Hotel Solamar. It was very upscale and we even had to pay for valet parking every day! Let's just say, I think the tipping and the extra expenses added up to the price of the hotel. Being rich would be expensive, I think. =) Anyway, we had so much fun just walking around San Diego without worrying about who was walking directly into traffic, which one wanted chicken nuggets and which one wanted a sandwich and, best of all, not having to wake up at 4 in the morning to Tyler's crying. It was a luxury being away but it was also good to come back and hug and squish the kids. Thanks, mom and dad, for watching them for us.
Hotel Solamar

Lounging on the bed before dinner. We had to act cool to stay here.

One morning we headed out to Coronado Beach. The sand felt so good and there weren't too many people there. It was great not worrying about the kids and which riptide was taking them under.
THE BEST squid sandwich on the planet. Thanks to Cara and Bryan, I am now addicted to going to Point Loma Seafood for squid sandwiches when I'm in San Diego. This time, we even had to park 3 blocks away in the residential area and walk there to indulge. We parked next to a house for sale and tried to guess how much it was selling for. For 880 square feet it was $640,000!!! And I thought our neighborhood was pricey. I guess we won't be moving to San Diego anytime soon. Squid sandwiches will have to be a vacation thing.
1 comment:
Squid sandwiches! oh my.
Post a Comment