
I bought this video for a whopping $2.50 at Big Lots while traveling with my sister to visit my aunt and it was the best video EVER during Christmas. I was able to reminisce about Disney days gone by and my daughter loved the old Christmas carols depicted in the "vintage" Disney videocassette. Alas, I should have known it wasn't meant to be. One day I put it into the VCR at the insistence of Mikayla who doesn't realize it should only be watched at Christmas and it wouldn't play. I tried to rewind it, fast forward it, play it, and it wouldn't budge. I tried turning the reels with my fingers and it was "stuck" so I started to get frustrated. I tweezed, I pulled, I reached in and then, SNAP, the plastic casing broke. No more Mickey Disney Carols. "Oh well," I thought, "I wouldn't have been able to save it anyway." That was before the second video started having problems. It was a Veggietales and I refused to believe it was the work of my VCR so I held that rewind button down until it could resist no more...and it started rewinding. It started REWINDING!!! My heart sank to my toes. I could have been more patient and been able to save the first victim without tearing it apart!! Now I know. It has been a painful realization and a mistake I had to make. At least I know our VCR isn't broken...

This is Jamie, Koji and Izumi. She's a good friend of Will's from college (and mine =)) and she, graciously, spent all of Monday with me and the kids. She and her husband are from the Chicago area and we had so much fun. Jamie, thanks for pulling that bread out just in time! She saved it from certain burnage. I had a great time with you and you helped make Monday a much more endurable day!

This a beautiful iris from my garden. I absolutely love it, and so do the snails. I have a nice group of iris's right now but they're all blue. I thought I had some peach ones but maybe they bloom later. I'm actually surprised I have flowers at all since I have the gardening proficiency of a 2 year old. I am not, nor ever will be, a gardener. Yeah, I like things to look pretty but, in my garden, the weeds get to be as high as the flowers before I feel like getting the trowel out and cutting short their lifespan. Oh well, I'll let my mom be the gardener of the family and maybe pay her to come out and make me look good too. =)

Here is Charis and Mikayla at Charis' birthday at the park. This is the daughter of the friend I ran into in McDonalds, Kim. It's been so good to reconnect and the girls get along so well. It's so wonderful to see your child play nicely with others. It makes you realize that you must be doing something right.
No comments:
Post a Comment