Monday, April 2, 2007

The Cabinets are In!!


There were some of you out there who laughed when I said the kitchen would be done in a week. Well, it looks like it's actually coming true. Our kitchen cabinets were torn out last Wednesday and we requested a few days so that we could spackle and paint the walls. Early this morning, the workers came to put in the cabinets. Even though they spoke Mandarin (Chinese), they were machines!! They came at 9:45 and had the cabinets in and were driving out by 10:30pm, yes, 10:30pm. It was an all day thing but I'm sooooo excited and it looks GREAT! Luckily, Will's brother speaks Mandarin Chinese so he could help us with one of the questions they had. It was a little difficult to communicate but we ended up being ok.



Here's the completed kitchen. The cabinets are solid oak and there is a crown molding all around the top. Tomorrow our granite countertops are installed and I can't wait. I even have a lazy susan in the lower corner cabinet which I couldn't be happier about. I used to have to keep the boxed foods toward the front for fear that there was a rat family taking up residence in the 5 feet of unusable space in the corner cabinet. It will be wonderful!


Here is Will trying to fit the dishwasher into the space they made for it. It's a pretty tight fit!



Mikayla again playing with her snails. As you can see, she has a "baby" snail on the chair. She didn't want her picture taken and tried to cover her eyes but I caught her. She actually dropped the poor thing, cracked its shell and it kept going and going.

No comments: