


The kids had so much fun finding the 48 easter eggs at Grammie and Gramps house. Thanks to Cheryl who color matched them to the surrounding scenery, even I couldn't find some of them.
Here's cousin Cheryl at a Chinese restaurant with Mikayla. We go here for Dim Sum most Saturday mornings and this semester Cheryl has joined us several times. Mikayla and Tyler love Cheryl and mommy and daddy love having another adult around. Thanks Cheryl for all you've done for our family and for wanting to spend time with us.
Here's my funny kid story of the day. Do you ever have one of those moments when your child does or says something that is "copying" you and you haven't realized that you'd done it enough to be copied? Let me explain. We were over at my parent's house for Easter dinner last night and Mikayla had been playing this ancient game that Cara and I used to play called, "Spank the Berry Bird." The object is to flip over cards that contain drawings of veggies and fruits but if you see a drawing of a bird, you spank it. She was enjoying it for a little while until these words came out of her mouth. "Grammie, I want to play another game." Grammie: "Why, sweetheart?" Mikayla: "Because this game is too slappy." It wasn't just the words that came out, it was the way she air-quoted the word, "slappy" that had me speechless (air quotes are when you use your fingers to quote words while you're talking). My four year old knows how to air quote? I reflected on my own use of the air quotes and realized that she can't possibly have learned that completely from me...could she? When you're a parent, everything is watched. Maybe I should air quote a little less in the future...

No comments:
Post a Comment