Saturday, April 14, 2007

Playtime

Playdough is one of the creative outlets in our house. The unfortunate conclusion to our playdough playtime is the mysterious disappearance of a portion of Tyler's ball of dough. I didn't think anyone in their right mind would like the taste of playdough but I have found one person, my son. I gave him a mini cup of playdough (the kind in the cute miniature cups) and, when I put it back into the container there was room for much more. I didn't panic because it says "non-toxic" but from now on, I'm much more observant when my children get the playdough itch and have decided to flex my own creative muscle and play with them. Below is the look my son sometimes gives me. I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason for it but it's pretty cute.


Here's Mikayla's version of a jellyfish. She made it out of the leftovers of some cookie cutter scraps and I think it looks pretty realistic. She'll be the artist in the family, I'm sure.

McDonalds seems to be a frequented establishment by the Lee family. Tyler feels so comfortable here he actually stopped to take a siesta on the benches between playgym rounds. During the week we were doing our kitchen remodel we came to this particular McDonalds to let the kids run off some steam and I saw a friend I hadn't seen since High School. She was there with her kids. We chatted for a little while and then the next week came back on the same day and there she was again, with her husband. It was so good to get to know her again and we scheduled to meet up again the next week. One of life's fun experiences! McDonalds, drawing people together...


Ok, so I had to buy this shirt when I saw it at Target. It says, "I do all my own stunts." How perfect is that for my son whose every fifth step reunites his face with the floor and every attempt at being higher than the ground puts him back on it. At 1 1/2 he's already split his lip twice and has had more bruises in his entire life than I have had in mine. I just hope he makes it in one piece to 2. Speaking of his clumsiness, I hear some commotion in the living room and should wrap this up.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Judah has that same shirt! I love it, but I'll have to buy him a new one in a bigger size. The old one's too small now. :( Who did you see at McDonalds?!? I want to know. :)