Every once in a while, I make my mom's famous oatmeal raisin cookies for a co-worker of Will's who lives in another state. She LOVES them and says she literally locks herself in the bathroom to eat them all herself. I feel good just sending them to her and she thanked me by sending a bag full of lollipops to me. It was such a sweet gesture but now all I hear is, "mommy, can I have a lollipop?" It's enough to make me "lose" them for good. The blue tongue is the result of the sweet tooth.Thursday, May 3, 2007
Was that "Ariel?"
My son isn't saying too many words. Everyone keeps telling me that it's normal for an 18 month old boy to not do a lot of talking. I just think it's that my son is so effective at getting what he wants that he feels he doesn't need to use any extra effort. He's a laid back kind of guy. Sure he says a few things like, "ca-ker" for cracker and about 10 others but there were 2 words that came as a shock to me. My cousin Cheryl and I were in Target and we were checking out the kid's shoe section when my son went crazy saying, "Dado, Dado, DADO!" I frantically swung around to determine what would cause such a reaction and saw a Dora towel hanging by the housewares products. I asked if that was what he wanted and he smiled and reached. Once he was hugging the towel, I vowed not to tell Will that his son had a crush on an explorer named Dora. Cheryl is now determined to find something for Tyler that has Dora on it and isn't girly. Good luck. I think he likes her more than Mikayla does. I thought that was the end of the "girly" interests until I sat down to read a book to Tyler and he grabbed a princess book. Right off the bat, he pointed to Ariel and said, "Aweew." My son's most important words are the pretty princesses and adventuresses. Do I have to worry about his teen years???
Every once in a while, I make my mom's famous oatmeal raisin cookies for a co-worker of Will's who lives in another state. She LOVES them and says she literally locks herself in the bathroom to eat them all herself. I feel good just sending them to her and she thanked me by sending a bag full of lollipops to me. It was such a sweet gesture but now all I hear is, "mommy, can I have a lollipop?" It's enough to make me "lose" them for good. The blue tongue is the result of the sweet tooth.
Every once in a while, I make my mom's famous oatmeal raisin cookies for a co-worker of Will's who lives in another state. She LOVES them and says she literally locks herself in the bathroom to eat them all herself. I feel good just sending them to her and she thanked me by sending a bag full of lollipops to me. It was such a sweet gesture but now all I hear is, "mommy, can I have a lollipop?" It's enough to make me "lose" them for good. The blue tongue is the result of the sweet tooth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's funny about Dora and the princess. My son likes to carry my purse around the house on his shoulder. I guess we have awhile before we have to start worrying. (=
Post a Comment