Friday, May 18, 2007

Wedded Bliss

This last weekend, one of my best friends got married in a beautiful church in Pasadena. Unfortunately, I didn't have the good sense to take a picture of it because I was in such a whirlwind of bliss, being without my children. You wouldn't think being a bridesmaid was stress-free but, compared to my regular day, being in a wedding was like going on a retreat. Adult conversation, dressing up without slobber all over, and the ability to look good for a reason...it was too good to be true. Jenna and Joey got married by my dad, who did a great job. I even managed not to let too many tears flow down my cheeks at the amazing grace of God. For years we've prayed for the perfect guy for Jenna and she finally found him. It was all I could do to not start bawling when the bagpipe player walked down the aisle in front of her and her dad before he gave her away. It was the moment we had all prayed for.

Here she is in all her finery. Jenna looked gorgeous and was pretty cool, considering the church she was married in hadn't had air conditioning for the past 100 years. One of their rules was pretty scary. We were told not to prop open doors since some vagrants walk in off of the streets and make the place like home if we leave it open to the world.


Here is my sister and me just before the ceremony. There were 7 bridesmaids in all.

This was Mikayla playing with Jenna's niece, Madeleine, a few days before the wedding. They have so much fun playing together. They're only 4 months apart but they're about a head different in height.


This is one of about 50 shots I took of these two sitting on the wicker chair. Wow, I didn't think it would be that difficult to get a good picture of them both but it happened, somewhat. I think Tyler sees something that more entertaining than mommy with a camera in the background. Mikayla tried to make him look and smile but since it was his sister, she had a tough job. He's more likely to scream than obey directions from his 2nd mother.


Sorry it's taken so long to update. Things have been hectic around here and every time I try to get on the computer, the wee ones follow and make it hard to concentrate. Not that I mind them trying to go everywhere I go but it makes for a computer trip that is 2 times longer than it should be.

No comments: