Monday, March 5, 2007

New Toilet


"New Toilet" is a Chinese saying that describes when you get something new and have to use it over and over or purposefully go out of your way to use it. That is how I'd describe our new sandbox. It is such a "new toilet" that when Mikayla woke up from her nap today and walked out of her room, she walked directly to the sliding glass door, hair a mess, no shoes, eyes half closed and said, "mom, I'm going to go play in the sandbox." It was money well spent.

You know, the thing with 2 kids is that the youngest always wants what the oldest has and the oldest always wants what the youngest has. We bought Mikayla 2 pairs of sunglasses (because, sooner or later, pair #1 will be broken or disappear) and Tyler decided he needed a pair if Mikayla had one. Since I hadn't bought any for him, I had to let him wear Mikayla's second pair. They may look black in the picture but you can't see the glamorous princess sparkles around the rims. Ah, my son. At least he's playing with balls and trucks. He'll have to try hard not to get caught up in the world of Barbie. The joys of having an older sister.

I was told by a friend of mine to be honest on this blog and not let it be a "here's how perfect my life is" diary. I'll try to be as honest as possible but probably the days I'd be most honest are the days I won't get a chance to write. All I know is that, as a mom, I try my hardest to be the kind of mom that my kids admire and hope that they'll remember all the fun times and not the "mad mom" moments that seem to prevail in the toddler years.

No comments: