HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!
This is the cake Mama and Yeye (Will's parents) got for Mikayla's birthday. Of course I indulged in the fresh mango and whip cream concoction AFTER the highly caloric dinner I made of spaghetti drenched in butter and mizithra cheese. And we still have a coupon for a free ice cream at Baskin Robbins and Coldstone. Oh, did I say WE? Mikayla will definitely have help finishing them...I don't say no to ice cream.Will and I always decorate Mikayla's door with streamers and balloons the night before her birthday so that when she wakes up, she knows it's her special day. However, last night it took Mikayla until 11:00pm to go to sleep. Every time I passed her room, she would wave at me. I was exhausted by the time we taped them to her door but it was worth it this morning when she came running into the living room saying, "I LOVE my things that are hanging from my door!" I did put 4 balloons on her door....the fourth one is...

...taken by Tyler. One minute later, he sat on it and it exploded under his ample tush.

Here's the birthday girl!
This year mommy bought her 2 small Barbies with snap-on clothing. I couldn't picture her having the bigger ones and this seemed like the lesser evil. Where did the days of Princesses go? She still loves the Disney princesses but Barbie's sneaking in there. Of course, the shorts and shirt I bought her almost disappeared in the pile of wrapping paper but her underwear didn't go unnoticed. Makers of children's underwear did us all a favor by putting characters on them so that when Mikayla got Ariel and Flounder on hers, she actually LIKED the gift. I can't believe my girl is already 4 years old! We whipped out the video of the day she was born (I don't even want to comment on the image of me laying in the hospital bed, in pain, and so pale the sheets looked off-white). That's something we definitely don't need to bring out every year. The funniest thing that happened today was when Mikayla woke up and said, "am I four years old?" and Will said, "yes, Mikayla," and she returned that response with, "yeah!! I'm gonna be five!" My daughter, the "big girl."
No comments:
Post a Comment