Friday, March 23, 2007

Kitchen Dreams

This is my kitchen. It doesn't look bad right now but it is stained with nicotine from the previous owner that I never really scrubbed off completely. The stovetop is so encrusted with rust I've just decided it no longer needs cleaning and the oven has a dead spider in it probably from Nixon's presidency. Well, I've lived with it for 5 1/2 years and decided now is the time to upgrade. Will and I found this great deal on a kitchen and we're excited to start the process of remodeling. They're tearing out this old, retro kitchen next Wednesday and replacing it with oak cabinets and a granite countertop with ALL NEW APPLIANCES!!! That's the part I'm overjoyed about. However, it's half a week away and I'm already starting to sweat. How can you cook a week's worth of meals using a microwave alone? My kids are already picky about food and this could put them over the edge. I guess it's eat what mommy nukes or eat nothing at all? Supposedly this kitchen will be installed in a week but we'll see about that. Pray for my sanity but pray for my kid's safety as well. I can just see Tyler deciding that now is the time to start a career in carpentry...

No comments: