Today, however, I decided to change the cycle and did something that was so profound, so in the "good mommy" category it made me proud...I went to their room and got out painting supplies! Yes, an activity that involved setup and take down. I did take a deep breath and had second thoughts while attempting to find the paint sets in the mass of crayons and other miscellaneous craft paraphernalia. I'm patting myself on the back as I type this. I don't have to feel guilty today!! I don't have to wish I would have done something creative! I did!! OK, this post makes me sound like I don't do things like this very often. I do...Anyway, I would definitely say that I get out a lot with my kids but I don't stimulate their creativity on a day-to-day basis. Today's painting session got the boredom out of my kids in record time.
Lynnea kept smiling for the camera even when I was trying to get an action shot.
Her "painting" of Mickey Mouse. She kept switching from using her right hand to using her left hand. Cara, she may be a lefty!!
Tyler with his, "oh-there's-mommy-with-the-camera-again-quick-take-a-picture-I'm-busy" look.After dinner, I just couldn't stop myself and I got out the Easter Egg kits I bought last year on a killer sale!! I know!! I can't believe I'm this great of a mom either!! No, seriously, I deduced that since my kitchen was already messy, why not go all the way? The kids all had so much fun and the biggest thrill was seeing how many colors they could dip their eggs in and still have it look pretty. It was pretty fun for me too. I love art...if you could call it that.
Mikayla loving the "art" of it.
All 3 of them in complete concentration.What a fun night! Easter is such a wonderful holiday. What an honor to celebrate the death and resurrection of our Savior! We have life in Him!! May we always remember the real meaning of Easter.
2 comments:
It takes all I have to survive art days, especially painting and cutting! Great job! All three look like they are having a great time. Such beautiful kids you have.
Awesome Mom! :)
Post a Comment