Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yeye turns 80!

If you enjoy exotic foods such as abalone, scallops, lobster, sea cucumber, and shark fin soup, my Father-In-Law's birthday dinner was one you couldn't miss. One of my favorite dishes is always included in these banquets, the lobster salad. Every Chinese restaurant "garnishes" it in different ways. At NBC, the lobster's eyes light up under maraschino cherries and at this one, they stick chopsticks up the tail to make it stand straight up. Lobster, fruit, and a mayonnaise sauce are what make this absolutely delicious.Oh, and just so you know, there are a few "delicacies" that I don't choose to indulge in. My lips don't touch sea cucumber or chicken feet (my daughter's favorite food). There are indeed textures that aren't right for anyone's palate.

Here's a picture of Mama, Yeye, and their grandchildren, well, most of them. It's been so much fun watching all of the kids grow up sine I've married Will. "High School" used to be so far away and now 3 of them have either graduated or are in High School. Wow...
Mama and Lynnea, her last grandchild. Big kisses!!
Tyler and his cousin, Alli, played together so well. Tyler didn't want her to leave but I seriously think she built some muscle hefting that boy off of the ground.
Mikayla with cousin Helen. Will's family has been so loving to my kids and me. I am blessed!!

No comments: