Sunday, September 6, 2009

Caron's Wedding!

A few weeks ago, Will and I had the privilege of attending the wedding of a dear friend of mine from High School-yes, you read right, HIGH SCHOOL! I was so happy that Caron finally found the man of her dreams and I was pretty excited that he happened to be Chinese. Love you John! Anyway, the wedding was so much fun with just the right amount of people and a delicious dinner in an adorable garden setting. Thanks, Caron, for letting us be a part of such a beautiful day! Here's a picture of the gazebo...so pretty!And here is the happy couple. Caron decorated in red roses and her bridesmaids wore a silvery/black dress that went with the red so well.
A shot of me and my hubby without kids for the night. Thanks to my parents who watched them for a few hours so that we could enjoy good conversation and a "date night."
We got to sit at the same table as another good friend of mine from High School, Kristy, and her husband, Nathan. I love these 2. We always have such a good time together but don't get together often enough in my opinion. Kristy, let's plan something soon!! I think we all overdid it on the prime rib (Nathan had the chicken) but you have to eat a little of everything if you're out, right?I also saw my friend, Mac! I haven't seen him since High School which seems like only a few years ago (it's been over a decade!). We were great friends back then and it was good to catch up on life and meet his wife.
We also enjoyed some time with a few friends of ours at the park. Through our adult fellowship at church we had a planned get together with 2 other couples for dinner and dessert and began the festivities at the park so that the kids could play. I had to include one shot of each of the kids for fairness reasons. Enjoy!
Lynnea and the bouncy car. Mommy joined in this activity but the picture was just not going to make it onto this blog...
Tyler on top of the picnic bench in the kid's area. Boys will be boys.
And Mikayla. This was about the 9th shot I took. The first 8 were silly poses no matter how many times I said, "pretty smile, look PRETTY!"
Here are the boys. We had a great time, everyone!

1 comment:

caron said...

Hi RIVA!!! John and I are so thankful you and Will made it to the wedding, we're so glad you two had a good time! We need to break this habit of only getting together for "big events" and make our get togethers more frequent!