Friday, September 11, 2009

Paul Revere Rides!

There's the cutest little park in a city near us called Heritage Park. It's built after the little town that Paul Revere rode to to warn of the coming army. The whole "play area" of the park is on an island, surrounded by water. The buildings are made into slides, catwalks, poles, and other various play equipment. It is an explorer's paradise.

A few weeks ago I visited this park with my mom just to do something different and find another park to explore. There were quite a few ducks around (as well as the inevitable "guano" they produce) but it was such a fun place to play.This giant slide was Lynnea's favorite...not the slide, actually, but the stairs going up to the slide. She kept blocking the way for all of the older kids who were clamoring to climb them. The giant slide was at the top of the hill in the "church" building. So cute, I tell ya!
There were a few cement boats around the island that you could play on as well. Lynnea liked to follow her sister and brother wherever they went so, of course, she went on the boat too. She felt like such a big girl.
Here's a view from the playground outside the island. This park had it all! I wish there was something like this when I was little.
Then my mom took us to El Pollo Loco where we feasted on quesadillas, burritos and ice cream. It's always so much fun to be with my mom and my kids love it too.
Lynnea kept thinking my mom needed to wipe her face so she helped her (over and over and over again). This age is fun but exhausting, don't you agree???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?! I live about 4 blocks from that park! We go there aaaaaallllll the time. (including yesterday) Next time you wanna go let me know =)
-talitha

heidi said...

What an awesome looking park.. that's so cool! I love that last picture of your mom and Lynnea... so precious! You can see the giggle in your mom's eyes:)

The Blythe's Are Bloggin... said...

where is this park? How do I not know about it??