I'm so far back in my blogging "diaries" but I wanted to share our pictures of Pismo from about a month back. We didn't take a long vacation this year but wanted to have a little family time away so we chose Pismo and ended up staying in the nicest hotel (thanks, Priceline!) and made so many memories during our short weekend stay. A view from the beach at night.

We walked the pier at night (even though mommy got a little afraid of heights) and the kids were enthralled by the dark water and being so far out on the ocean. Yes, it's a very looong pier, and let me just tell you that there were definite "plank problems" on the way out. I don't think there should be inch-wide gaps between wooden planks on a pier...just my opinion.

In the morning, we visited Old West Cinnamon Roll bakery. Wow! These cinnamon rolls were better than any I'd ever tasted. It even beat Cinnabon, if you can believe it. I don't know, maybe it was due to...

...all of that FROSTING!!! Just looking at the photo, I think I'm gaining weight.

Playing on the beach was one of the highlights but, even though we were at the beach and the sand felt like baking flour (so soft!), Mikayla's only desire was to play in the pool all day. Every few minutes she would say, "I do like the beach but I really can't wait to go swimming."

Lynnea liked the sand.

We went shopping at their small outlet too.

Lynnea went swinging in the swings with the perfect view,

while the kids played in the sand on the last day of our trip.

Then we cruised the beach one last time in search of sand dollars. We actually found a whole one! We had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment